Friday, October 20, 2006

Suicide Watch...

My family has me on suicide watch...I went to bed in tears...I'm moody and despondant. I've received condolences from friends and family - including this e-card from my sister.

Sympathy Card

Did my dog die? Did my best friend pick a fight? Did I just get fired from my job? Nope, Nope and Nope.

What did happen is that the baseball season ended for me and the New York Mets last night. The Mets lost a heartbreaker game 7 to the St. Louis Cardinals - a game that was tied going into the 9th inning.

Truth be told, the game was a great game and the series was entertaining. Unfortunately, the great Mets lineup just didn't get it done, and they lost 3-1.

The only solace I can take is that baseball season is only 5 and a half months away and they have a core of very young very talented players. We'll see you next year.

LET'S GO METS! WHOOO!

PS: Endy Chavez made perhaps the greatest play I have ever seen in the playoffs last night, stealing a home run...check this out!

SL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's the bad news...
now the good news...
1 - the PITCHING, which was a major concern going in, ROCKED! Next season we can look forward to starters Oliver Perez! John Maine! El Duque coming back! Pedro!
2 - young talent! do you really think this team will NOT be atop the NL East next year? Wright! Reyes! Endy! THE FUTURE!
3 - refunds! JP and I can apply the $300 we prepaid for WS tix this year to next years ride to the top!
4 - SLEEP!!! I am exhausted from staying up every night!!! LOL

GO METS!!!