Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finish Strong!

Training has been going well. I haven't spent enough time in the gym, and my success dieting is up and down, but my running has been going very well. A couple of weeks ago, I did a time-trial 13.1 around Whiterock Lake in 2:53, which is almost 15 full minutes off of my previous fastest half marathon. Because of that run, I have set a goal of 2:50 for my third of three halfs this year.


Unfortunately, my fundraising has not been as successful as my running. I am about $5,000 of a $13,700 goal. I have a ton of jerseys left, too.

Therefore I have decided to do two things. First, I will add a fourth half marathon and will run the Dallas PCS Half Marathon in December. This will add some fundraising time to the year to help get closer to my goal.

Second, I am offering a jersey to anyone who donates $25, or more, between now and the last half in December. While supplies last (I have about 50 remaining), I will send anyone who makes a $25 donation to my fundraising. I was offering these jerseys for each $100 donated, but you can get one for as little as $25 (which is only a few dollars more than what I paid for them). The jerseys are synthetic fibers, are great for runs, and will show your support for this effort and that you "Dug Deep" for clean water in Africa.

So, please click the link below right away and make a donation. I will try to accommodate your size and will fulfill this offer on a first come first served basis.

Click here to make a donation, safe a life, and get a jersey...

No comments: