Friday, December 08, 2006

In with a Bang(alore)

I've safely arrived in Bangalore. Like the rest of India it is crowded and traffic-ridden. I spent less than 24 hours in Hyderabad, and that's unfortunate, as it looked like the prettiest city in India that I have experienced. I'm sure I will have the opportunity to come back.

As you may know, Bangalore is the IT capital of India. Although there are outsourcing centers throughout the country, Bangalore is much like Silicon Valley in California. If you aren't in Bangalore, you aren't in high-tech. Many find it surprising that I am in software, have been to India many times, but haven't been to Bangalore previously. It is the only city in India where McAfee has an office.

I have three site visits to do this evening, and will be extremely busy through tomorrow morning when I wrap up at 5AM (it is currently 3:20PM as I write this). That means I'll be going nonstop for about 24 hours. I can't complain, however. I've caught up on sleep (got 6.5 hours last night) and am feeling fine. For that, I am greatful.

In case you are curious, I am staying at another beautiful hotel in Bangalore, the Oberoi. My hotel in Hyderabad was amazing, as well. I stayed (just slept really) at the Taj Residency. I did, however, receive an upgrade to a suite when I arrived at 3:00AM.

I've already received an invitation to go sightseeing and shopping tomorrow. I will tell you all about it.

SL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely and are getting some sleep. I cant imagine your busy schedule, but you are younger than me sooooo better you than me. I get tired enough standing in a kitchen cooking for 12-14 hours....now as for your shopping and sightseeing, hmmmmm makes me think. Just in case Santa didnt email you my list- being a Chef, well from what I hear spices in India and Asia are yummy. ( also hear sometimes depending on which and where they can be cheaper, like saffron. Just a thought incase you get bored. LOL. Well I am definitely enjoying reading about your travels, nice end to a busy day for me. Baking and cooking for the holidays here and then next week at work - well major parties to cater soooo work work work. ( and dont worry I am bringing a tin of Christmas cookies to Texas with me ) Cassie and I are already talking about what we are going to cook for you. xoxox Be safe and eat safe.