Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Do 'ya feel lucky, punk?

I'm not sure if it is because I now live in Texas, or what, but I've definitely become interested in firearms. Yes, I am still intimated by them, but I like to shoot. It probably all started when we went up to Angie's uncle's house in Bonham (out in the country) and fired one of his many shotguns at tin cans. Every time we'd go up, we'd shoot some. Then, when family would come down from NY, we'd take them up there to shoot some more (and to see his cows, too!).

I finally bought a shotgun, which was primarily for target shooting (clay pidgeons). However, Dylan and his dad hunt a lot, so I got into that by going with them. I have previous posts about Dove hunting last fall, and I tried my hand at duck several weeks ago. I am trying to schedule a spring turkey hunt with Angie's cousins down in south Texas in a couple of months.

That being said, I purchased a revolver last week during my week off between McAfee and Network Appliance. I bought a Ruger .357 Magnum and it is very cool. In fact, I've gone to the range twice now (shooting both .38 and .357 shells) and I've had a ball. We have an indoor range not too far from the house, and an outdoor range very close to the house, and I'm sure I'll be spending some serious time at both. Angie's uncle told me to buy a semi-automatic (like a 9mm), but that seemed too intimidating. However, now that I have the revolver, I'm ready to buy that semi. In fact, it might be time to get a rifle for deer and hog hunting. Oh, wait, I saw this cammo 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun...

This might get expensive.

SL

No comments: