Saturday, June 10, 2006

Is it already June???

Where has this year gone? It feels like we just were wishing each other a 'Happy New Year', and 2006 is already half over. You can tell it's June in Texas, because we are at 100 degrees, and will continue to be for the next several months. The heat is brutal for this yank, and I'm in the middle of the suffering.

The good news is that Angie doesn't seem to be suffering too bad. She continues to recover very well. In fact, as we head towards the end of her third post-op week, I think she is getting antsy to start doing things. Her car has been in the shop getting an overhaul, and she is starting to complain about it. Hopefully, the CD I'm having installed for her should make the wait bearable.

Since it's already June, summer session is in full swing. I'm taking the second semester of Calculus, and man, is that stuff hard. It's so funny, but the course is Applied Calculus, which means that there is 'supposed' to be relevant teaching from the concepts to real-world application, especially for business. But, in all honesty, I've been in business a long time, and I've NEVER used Integral Theory, Area Under a Curve, or the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. I don't think I ever will either.

The kids are also busy with their stuff. Cassie started FROG camp and a nearby church. They do cool activities, have visitors from the neighborhood, learn about God, and do all the summer stuff. She is loving it. Dylan is going to Middle School Madness, which is day camp for middle schoolers, and Marissa is at VBS. (For the family back home - VBS, or Vacation Bible School, is day camp at church where they do many of the things that Cassie is doing in her camp). The kids love it, and it keeps them relatively busy during the summer instead of bored, which they can quickly become.

Lastly, I'm starting to really miss my family back home, so we are looking to see what our options are for coming up. Looks like a late July - early Aug trip to NYC. The Mets are home on Aug 4, so we might use that for planning. I can't wait to see everyone...it's been too long. What I enjoy most is that my Texas family gets to know my New York family. That's real important to me, and it's so enjoyable to watch while it happens.

SL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well bro, sounds like you have things under control, which is very cool especially since its so hot. lol. Cant wait to see y'all, I am so looking forward to spending time with y'all in Texas, I really cant wait. Give me something to look forward to this winter. So Y'all are coming to NY - thats great!! Hope you will include me in your plans- would love to go to the mets game with y'all, brings back the memories of when you couldnt find a buddy to go with you to the mets home games with jp and jill and i got to go. Please let me know you'alls plans before you get up here so I get to spend some time with the kids and Angie. The heat sucks doesnt it- the one thing I dont think I would ever have gotten used to in Florida. Talk soon, looking forward to your next blog- love n kisses to Angie, Cssie, Marissa, Dylan and Justin and of course you! xoxoxoxo