Monday, August 14, 2006

Move to Austin

This weekend marked a milestone for Angie and I. We helped Justin move to Austin. Justin and his girlfriend decided to move to Austin to start her schooling at an area school. Although Angie and I do not support Justin's decision, we still love him and needed to help move his stuff for him. I'm surprised Angie hasn't blogged about it yet - she's having a hard time coming to grips that she has a near 20 year old.

We packed his stuff in the back of the truck, and headed out for our three hour ride to the Texas capital.

Unfortunately, I was traveling with three of the fairer sex, so it took a while since we had to make a couple of stops. Had we had more time, I'm sure I would have been requested to make more stops for the multitude of antique stores along route 35 going south. Fortunately, we left late and didn't have all that much time.

We arrived in Austin, and we were really impressed with where they are staying. They found a small apartment right in Longhorn country, and no doubt they will have fun with all the shops, clubs, and small restaurants. Couldn't help being a little envious of what appears to be a really neat place to live.

However, I think that they are both going to learn a thing or two about responsibility, too. Hopefully, Justin will learn a bit about being a man on his own, the same way I did when I was on my own. It's hard, and I tried to teach him that. Hopefully some of it stuck. He seems to be very excited - he secured a job, got a raise from what he was making in Dallas, and even got benefits.

Until then, I'm sure Angie and I will have many excursions into the "weird" city. Should be fun.

SL

No comments: