Sunday, August 06, 2006

Yo! Read 'dis, you'ze guys.

I said I was going to post during our week vacation in NYC, but I didn't because we never really had any down time. From leaving the house here in Rowlett 'till pulling back into the driveway at midnight on Saturday, it's been go, go, go - and every minute of it has been awesome.

We arrived Friday night late in NY. Unfortunately, so did every other plane scheduled to arrive at LaGuardia that night. Apparently, some weather delayed some flights, so it was mayhem at the airport and at the car rental. Took us over two hours to get to AMA's house from when we landed.

Saturday and Sunday was spent with family. Cousins Jill and JP had their annual block party in Long Beach on Saturday and we had a family get together on Sunday. It was so good to see family, particularly my brother and his family, whom I haven't seen in several years.

What was great about the week is that we really never stopped spending time with family, even when doing our vacation things...Monday was spent at the Bronx Zoo with my brother and his daughter, Jessica. Since they go to the zoo often, they helped us get the most out of our time there. Great fun.

Tuesday was our sightseeing day in Manhattan culminating in our surprise to the kids - "Beauty and the Beast" on Broadway. Absolutely awesome. We went to the top of Rockefeller Center, walked 5th Avenue, shopped at FAO Schwarz, ate dinner at The Jekyll and Hyde Club, spent some time in Nintendo World, and went to the play. It was so HOT, but great fun nonetheless.

Wednesday was spent with the entire family at Lido Beach in Hempstead, NY. The kids still can't get over the fact that great beaches are so close to the city...

Thursday was spent with family at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. It was fun watching the kids get over their roller coaster fears. Truly a perfect day, until I got tossed from Batman because I couldn't close the seat over my gut. Time for a diet.

Friday was spent visiting with my Aunt Carole Anne who couldn't join us as she recovers from some knee surgery. We spent a couple of hours with her and had lunch. Then, we were off to Shea to see the Mets. We had 27 family members as a group and had a blast, even though the Mets got beat. The family is so much fun - in fact, I think the kids think me and my NY family are a little crazy - but that's ok, we were just enjoying each other.

It was such an awesome week, but I know this much, it is ALWAYS great to get home. Although I've been working today, I've already slept so much better in my own bed. I can't wait to be able to go back and not sleep well.

SL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Thank you for sharing your family in Texas with us ( your NY family ). I know I had a fabulous time spending the week with THE FAMILY!! I had a blast with the kids and loved every minute of the short time together. I hope they had as much fun as I did. Seeing how grown up they have all gotten made me feel a little older but thats ok. It was a week for me to cherish for a long time and I truly thank you all. Seeing my 2 brothers and all our kids together was truly heartwarming. I am very proud to be your sister and proud of the wonderful fathers and husbands you have become. I miss you all already. So start thinking about a week after Christmas and we can rebook my flight because I really cant wait.