Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Don't Shop, But This is Where I'll Be!

I think I'm a typical guy in that I hate to shop. There is nothing worse that taking on crowds at the mall or even a quick run up to Wal-Mart to get something. I hate parking, I hate walking in the heat, I hate looking for an item, I hate waiting on line to pay, et cetera, et cetera.

In fact, one of the few things that I'll do related to shopping is take Angie on occasion. Some women like to get taken out dancing, some women like to get taken out to a show - and, although Angie enjoys all of these things, Angie most appreciates when I take her shopping. I think she knows how much I dislike going, so it is really meaningful to her when I do it.

I even dislike shopping for myself. Clothes shopping is nothing less than a beat down for me. And I typically don't do any other type of shopping. Angie handles the rest, even holiday shopping. It works for us. I hate it, and she likes it, so our arrangement is mutually beneficial.

That being said, there are a couple of places that I do like to go. The top of my list is Bass Pro Shops. They recently opened a new one pretty close to the house, and there is nothing like it. You can go and just browse, or mess around. Even the kids like to go. In fact, it is now a destination for when anyone from NY comes down. We took my sister there and she very much enjoyed it. We haven't tried the restaurant yet, but Angie keeps bugging me to do it, so we'll try it soon. In fact, we'll need to pick up a couple of things for our hunting trip next week, so we'll probably try it this weekend. (If we do, I'll let you know how it is).

The store is just amazing. Two stories of hunting, camping, fishing equipment and apparel. It has regular clothes, food, toys, furniture, outdoor stuff and boats. It's got a huge tank of local fish (the store itself it right on the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard), which includes the largest catfish you'll ever see. It has stuffed game throughout (the brown bear on the lower floor is over 8 ft. tall). It's got a shootout arcade and boats that you can walk through as you look at them. Angie said it even has like a play area outside, but I haven't been that far. I typically don't get past the hunting equipment. I've joined their loyalty program, so I'm hooked.

Some of the other stores I don't mind going to (too much).
1) Bass Pro Shops
2) Super Target (the store is just nice...like Wal-Mart, but less scummy)
3) Home Depot/Lowes (a man's toy store, but try to find someone for help)
4) Wal-mart (if I can't find something, I try Wal-mart - they will have it)
5) Tom Thumb (talk about a grocery store - unfortunately, too expensive to go to regularly)

Do you have a top 5? Let me know and I'll see you at the store.

SL

No comments: