Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snowstorm

I just got in from tooling around in my Cadillac SRX in the snow. I'd think I was dreaming if it weren't for the fact that my hands are freezing. I'm awake - my car is a rental and I'm working in Utah.

It's snowing in the valley here in Salt Lake City, and it is absolutely beautiful. It started this afternoon and is still going. I drove home in it, but the roads were fine. Something about how people that get a lot of snow know how to live in a lot of snow. Apparently, the valley here has gotten about three feet over the last week. The mountains have received more.

And that's why license plates in Utah have the slogan, "Greatest Snow on Earth". It's a dry powder that has very little moisture. Makes for horrible snowballs, but GREAT skiing. If you haven't skied Utah snow, than you haven't skied.

It's been a perfect day to get me in the holiday spirit because dreaming of a white Christmas in Dallas is just too much to ask.

SL

No comments: