I turned the page, reviled by my curiosity...
...as I scanned the Domestications catalogue, my eyes darting between bedding and drapery, I realized that the last sanctuary I held had been invaded, taken over, ruined forever.
You see, many men consider their bathroom their castle. I know I do. In fact, the coolest thing about my bathroom is that is has a magazine rack. Mine is full with:
* the Bass Pro Hunting Master Catalogue, over 600 pages of everything hunting. It is the redneck bible.
* the Holy Bible. Yes, I keep a bible in my bathroom. Some of the best alone time (sometimes the only alone time) I get is in there. There's a lock on the door, and you have to go through another locked door (my bedroom door), just to get to that.
* The Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife 2008-2009 Annual, which has all the rules, regulations, limits and season dates for hunting and fishing in Texas.
* Yahtzee and "Deal or No Deal" handheld electronic games. Sometimes, I don't want to read.
* Assorted, more temporary, reading materials.
Now that Domestications is in there, what's next? Oprah's magazine, O? Potpourri on the tank? Some weird plug in Raspberry flavored air freshener? The Victoria's Secret catalogue?
Actually, the Victoria's Secret catalogue would be ok.