Monday, June 04, 2007

Blog Bytes

Formerly known as "Quick Takes"...

Not anything major going on, so I thought some updates were in order.

1) Summer has begun. The kids are apparently already bored and are taking it out on Angie and I. That's really an exaggeration, but the summer presents an interesting challege. How do you keep the kids from becoming idle? Angie and I are going to try to keep the kids more organized with respect to activity this summer, including regular chores, intellectual time, down time, etc. They are harping against the plan now, but hopefully they'll come to appreciate some structure.

2) In the same vein, Cassie started swimming lessons today at our neighborhood water park. The good - she loved it and can't wait to go back tomorrow. The bad - it's at 8:00-8:30AM. Thank God that Angie will be taking her most of the time.

3) I leave for Vancouver tomorrow. I built in some travel days, so I will have a complete afternoon and evening in Vancouver. Might take in some sightseeing. Friday I'll be in Rochester, NY.

4) School is a challenge this semester, particularly in light of number 3 above. I was up till midnight last night getting some homework done.

5) Trip to NY. We're still trying to get something going for a couple days in NY. It's not working out real well, particularly in light of all the other travel I'm doing. Perhaps a trip in August for AMA's birthday.

That's about it.

SL

No comments: