I am in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and it is a very interesting place. For one, it is exceedingly beautiful - like to great northwest (Portland, Seattle) but even nicer. I can't get over how green everything is and how mild the temperature.
I wish I had some time to go sightseeing and perhaps some fishing (there's halibut and salmon here, among others), but I don't. Perhaps I'll have reason to return.
A couple of things I will do should I have a chance, in addition to fishing:
1) Whale watching - they have all types of whales including Killer Whales (Orcas) here. Taking a three hour tour into the bay seems to be a great way to see them.
Sea Breeze Adventures
2) Whistler - skiing Whistler seems to be a must do. Never heard of Whistler? No matter, you will - just say 2010 Winter Olympics from Vancouver.
3) Train Ride - they have several scenic trains available, including a three hour to Whistler. Seems like it would be a beautiful ride.
4) Float Plane Ride - like number three, but in a small plane that lands on water.
West Coast Air
5) The city has a very strong international feel...not only American and Canadian, but European in many ways. Additionally, there is a very strong Asian influence here, as Vancouver is considered the gateway to Asia.
Perhaps we'll have a chance to come back. There's a direct flight from DFW.