Monday, July 30, 2007

The Finals Countdown

Arghhh - it was one of those weekends. The weekend before a final exam. I've spent this weekend with my nose in my textbook, notes, and taking practice quizzes online. I'm beat, and particularly tired of marketing.

I'm one three hour test away from completing my second year at the University of Texas at Dallas. I have taken 30 credits so far, as I work to complete my BS in Business Administration. Sometimes I think the degree is aptly named - a BS!

I'm tired, but I am always tired at the end of a semester. This summer seems to have been particularly hard - somewhat due to the class and somewhat due to work. I've been getting hot and heavy into work, and have putting an increasing number of cycles towards that. The last thing I want to do at the end of a workday is school work. Don't get me wrong, I like to learn and I love the competitive nature of being in school (and doing better than the rest of the class), but it is hard to work eight to ten hours, then sit in a class for four more. I am just so fantastically lucky that I get to spend as much time on school work as I need, and that my company reimburses me for the cost. Unfortunately, even with taking five classes a year, I won't graduate till sometime in 2010.

I hope the kids understand the hard work, and I hope they learn from it. Perhaps they will decide to go to school right after high school, so they don't have to go through what I go through.

Just think, next semester starts in three short weeks.

SL

No comments: