Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Am Yellow

Now that the Simpson's movie is out, the marketing machine is in full swing. They are everywhere, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've been a fan of the Simpson's since they were just a short serial on the Tracy Ullman Show. I'm glad to see that Homer and the family have finally made it to the big screen, although I must admit that I'll probably wait until it gets to video.

The interesting thing is how much the Simpson's are a part of our culture. "DOH!" is uttered in my house on a daily basis. "HaHa" pretty often as well.

Because of the movie, they seem to be even more in your face. I "Simpsonized" myself today, and here is what I would look like if I were in the Simpson's. Our church has a message using the Simpson's this weekend (our Sr. Pastor is simpsonized on the website). Burger King commercials with Krusty are very funny and are everywhere. It's one heck of a machine.

By the way, what exactly is a Spiderpig?

SL

No comments: