Monday, February 06, 2006

Coolest church...

If the title of this post is an oxymoron to you, it may be because you don't attend Springcreek Community Church. I've done the church thing on and off for a long time, and frankly, it sometimes takes Herculean efforts not to yawn your head off. Or sometimes, you can't really connect with the instrument-less hymns. Springcreek isn't that kind of church. It's a cool church with a cool staff with cool worship music and a cool message - that God loves all of us more than we could ever understand. That we are separated from Him by sin, and that he solved that separation for us by giving us His Son, Jesus Christ.

My buddy Bob has several posts about the cool-ness of Springcreek on his blog, so check them out here. (I won't repost the same messages when someone with more ability has already done it for me). Since he is actually a pastor there, I would guess that his opinions are somewhat biased, and they may be, but I am complete agreement. He's cool even if he is a really horrible dancer.

Want to see for yourself, take a look at these videos that were created for our superbowl party and for a recent message.

Lastly, if you'd like to experience a church like no other, take a look at a message on the web, the Springcreek website, or come visit for yourself. I'll save you a chair, just don't come late, you may miss something cool.

SL

(please note that my opinions are my own (who would possibly want them?) and do not represent those of Springcreek Community Church in any way. If something I've said upsets you, please don't blame them)

No comments: