Friday, February 03, 2006

Mouse Tears, Confession, and other Ramblings...

Something has been heavy on my heart, so I thought I'd get it out there. Apparently, I'm a pretty judgmental person. I find this fact extremely convicting, given what the bible tells us about judging others. Apparently, the log in my eye is HUGE! (Mt 7:1-6)

I was listening to a radio interview with Pittsburgh Steeler safety Troy Polamalu. I knew who he is from seeing some games this year. I didn't like him. Not one bit. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe the fact that he plays for the Steelers or maybe because he has that long hair coming out from his helmet, and the fact that I didn't think he was very good. I remember his overturned interception a couple of weeks back, and I thought, "ha - what a horrible player". I felt pretty strongly about this guy, and I have no clue why, at least right up to his interview.

The first thing that struck me is that he is incredibly soft spoken. Also, the radio guys were gushing about his talent. Then, he gave the credit for his success to both God and the system that he plays for, not his own talent. He clearly has a strong faith (I think he is Christian from the way he spoke, but not sure). I found myself not only very much liking the man I was listening to on the radio, but struggling with why I didn't like him so much previous to that point. Since that interview, he's been hobbled with an injury, but expects to play in the Superbowl. All I know is that there is one Steeler I will be rooting for. I just hope I can see the game with this log in my eye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you know that mice cry? Not sure if there are actually tears, but they certainly squeak when they are unhappy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forwarded several family members a link to my blog...several replies were received...

"I can't open it."

"You have hit an all time low."

"No offense but there is nothing to be ashamed of in coming from NY"

I'll blog about that last one next time.

SL

No comments: