Sunday, March 05, 2006

I left my heart...

...in San Francisco. We'll, I hope not, but today I depart for an incredible opportunity. I am enrolled in the Wharton/SSPA Technology Support Services Management Program which will last the entire week. Sometimes, we all need to just sit back and contemplate the amazing blessings that we receive. This training is one of them. Not only is Wharton one of the top business schools in the country, this very expensive training is being supplied by my company. Donald Trump, on a recent episode of "The Apprentice" said that Wharton was THE BEST business school in the world, with Harvard in second - I think he is an alum, so it may not mean so much. It is an amazing feeling to know that your company values you enough to invest in your skill sets. I've received other training before, but nothing on this scale.

I know the week is going to be extremely difficult (the agenda has us working from 9:00AM to 9:00PM every day). Being away from family for a week will be difficult, as well. And, my company rightfully expects that I bring the knowledge gained in this training back to the rest of the management team. All I know is that I am humbled by the opportunity.

I'll blog about the experience this week.

BTW - on Friday, Angie will be meeting me for a weekend in San Francisco, as well. So I have something to really look forward to.

No comments: