Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday night lights

Guys, I have a question for you? Have to ever told your wife the ONLY reason you were going to a ball game were to see the cheerleaders? Well, I have and I still breathe. How was I so fortunate? That cheerleader is my step-daughter, Marissa.

Our family is probably typical of most families with children. Our kids have activities that they participate in, and since we have two active kids (Dylan is one of my other step-children who plays basketball and baseball) we usually are busy on weekends.

Most Saturdays are spent shuttling from one game or activity to another. There are a couple of very special Saturdays that mark the end of the season and usher in a time of...well - leisure for us. Today was one of those Saturdays. Today marked the end of basketball season, and for us, it means that we will not have to run around from game to game. This inactivity on Saturdays may be short lived since baseball season has already started, but we'll enjoy it while we get it. In fact, next Saturday I'll be blogging from an early anniversary weekend from San Francisco.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching our kids play and grow. Marissa is absolutely one of the best, if not the best, on her squad. Watching her do round-off flip-flops, or whatever she calls them, are amazing. Those dollars spent on gymnastics and cheerleading really have done wonders. She is real good. Dylan, is an all-star baseball player, and is responsible for re-igniting my involvement in the game. This basketball season he seems to have come out of his shell a bit, and has been real aggressive, particularly on defense. Its fun, no doubt. However, I am really looking forward to not having to schedule my Saturdays like my work calendar, shuffling between fields...at least for a couple of weeks.

SL

No comments: