Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strange Visitor II

In November, I posted about my nephew visiting from NY as he was passing through on a job...yesterday, he did it again.

Paul called me a couple of days ago and said he was coming to pick up a truck in Dallas to drive it back to NYC. "OK", I said. "Tell your boss that your uncle will pick you up, and take you to the truck. And, tell him that you are staying at your uncle's the night and will get on the road early the next day."

He did, and that's what we did.

Now, you have to understand, the kids are completely enraptured by Paul. They think he's cool, funny, and fun. The fact is, he is all of those things. In fact, Paul is so cool that even Justin came over last night to visit with him. They ended up going out and hanging at Justin's apartment until 2am...so much for getting an early start on the road.

Since Dylan and Marissa are at camp, they missed all of the fun, but Cassie played with Paul as much as she could. She is crazy about him, too. She looked VERY sad when he left.

I think I may have seen a tear in her eye. I tried to console her - she'll see Paul in August and who knows, with his jobs he may be here again soon...

...his love of Sonic may demand it.

SL

No comments: