Monday, September 10, 2007

Biggest Loser Wins

If you track my blog, you know that I have made a decision to change my lifestyle and get in shape. What you might not know, is that Angie made that decision a while ago, as part of her training for her 3-day walk to support Cancer research. Since Cassie started school, she's been at the Rowlett Community Centre working out - and she's looking good.

I told myself that when I started working from home with NetApp, I would use some of that extra time to work out. I haven't. Instead, I've used that time to sleep in - until today, that is.

Angie and I went and worked out after dropping Cassie at school. She did an hour on the treadmill, and I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes lifting weights. I worked up a pretty good sweat doing cardio (working off 500 calories), and took it relatively easy while I did chest, back and triceps.

It felt good going, and Angie and I really motivated each other. Having a workout buddy will help both of us on the days that one of us doesn't feel like going. In fact, we have agreed to bet who will lose 5% of their weight first (in my case, over 15 lbs). I'll track my progress on the blog. We don't know what to bet....anyone have any ideas?

SL

No comments: