Monday, March 03, 2008

Littlest Lessard - Back in the Saddle

Marc's comment to my last entry asks where did the update go from last week. I was all prepared to answer that I've just been very busy. Truth is, I have been exceedingly busy. I am in a season of exams for school and I have been traveling a lot - weekly, in fact. We have many things going on with the house right now, and there just isn't enough time in the day.

The problem with the answer above is...it's not true. The truth is that right now, I am so not into the competition that it's sad. I've been hard pressed to get into the gym and my diet has gone to hell. Although Angie tells me I still look like I've lost a lot the reality is that I fear I've already put it all back on. And the problem with that is that it gets me depressed.

Unfortunately, like many others - when depressed I eat. It's been a really bad couple of weeks and I can't put my finger on why. If it wasn't for Angie putting her arms around my neck and kissing me, and telling me that I should just pick up and continue from where I am right now, I think I wouldn't be typing this...I think she said something about getting back on my horse.

So - here are the results from last week. I was on the road, and when I weighed in on a new scale, it told me that I had gained 12 pounds. At the time I didn't believe the scale, but now I'm not so sure. So, until I weigh in again, I am going with that gain. Since I haven't been dieting too well or working out, my guess that even if the scale was wrong, I've since put that weight on.

Marc and Michele continue to do great, as the chart below shows. I haven't conceded yet, but I think Marc and Michele will enjoy coming down here for dinner. I know the kids will enjoy having them. If Marc wants to bring his family, they are all welcome. He'll just have to foot that bill - although I will take everyone out to dinner.
SL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are not doing well, but I agree with Angie. You have to get right back on the horse, so to speak. There is something greater than the competition at stake, and the past eight weeks have really driven that point home to me. My family is counting on me to be around for a while, not just as provider, but as father, husband, protector, friend, etc... So is yours. Your health is on the line. You can do it, brother. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
I love you, Marc

ChefMichele said...

Awwwwwwww sometimes you guys bring tears to my eyes....not often but now is one of those times. Marc that is really nice what you said and very true. That was my goal for all of us!! Getting healthy and being around for our families and each other. Well put. Scott, I can totally sympathize with your predicament, family, traveling, eating out, school, work and just LIFE in general must be so hard to juggle all at once. I agree with Angie, GET BACK ON THAT HORSE !!! You can do it... WE ALL CAN ! I know I havent been putting in the time or energy as much as I could either. I may not have the same things in my life going on, but I have a full plate too ( making a full plate actually ). We are all here for you, to talk to, to just listen, to give you love and support and whatever help we can. The competition isnt over by a long shot....I love you, both of you! Take the gun and leave the cannoli this time!! Love Yas