Monday, April 28, 2008

Littlest Lessard - Congratulations, Marc.

I am not the Littlest Lessard. Michele is not the Littlest Lessard. Marc Lessard is the Littlest Lessard. Actually, he may be the biggest Lessard, but that doesn't mean he didn't kick complete ass in the Littlest Lessard Competition. In fact, he never had a bad week. In the entire competition, he never gained once. That kind of discipline and hard work is amazing to me, and frankly, I didn't think he had it in him. Funny enough, I thought I did, and truth is...I was wrong, way wrong. Below are his statistics and his before and after transformation. If he wants, I continue to post his picture every so often because he's gonna keep at it.
As this part of our "little" competition closes, I am at the same weight as when I started. If you've tracked our progress, you know I melted down and basically dropped out many weeks ago. First I stopped dieting, and a couple of weeks later the exercising stopped too. Although I fully know that I need to get into shape (for my health, for the kids, for longevity with Angie, for energy to be there for my family, my employer, my God). The problem is, that I just don't have the discipline to do it now - with how busy my life is...I can't do it. I just don't have it in me.

I don't want to forget about Michele, too. She lost about 20 pounds during this competition (Michele, please comment with your final stats). She had some ups and downs, but basically stayed with it and should be proud of that accomplishment.

So, because of Marc's winning, they both get dinner and a movie, make that dinner and a round trip flight to Texas. We'll be dining at the best TexMex around (Pappasitos), and we'll do some Barbecue and either the Ft. Worth or Mesquite Rodeo. It'll be a quick weekend with lots of food (how ironic is that) and celebration...

...and probably some good natured teasing, as well. Looking back on the last three months of Littlest Lessard, teasing is what it's all about.

SL

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just looking at an older update and it looks like Michele was actually closer to 30, then 20. Sorry about diminishing that accomplishment.

Michele - what were your final stats?

SL

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen the two photos side by side until now, and I really feel good about the results. Onward to the next 80 off!
Marc

Anonymous said...

And why, exactly, didn't you think I had it in me?
Marc

Anonymous said...

Good job Marc! BTW, I for one know you are full of "it"

xoxoxo NY cuz

Unknown said...

I didn't know you to be real disciplined in the past. In fact, if we WERE disciplined, we wouldn't NEED a dumb competiton to lose weight - we wouldn't need to lose weight.

SL

ChefMichele said...

OUTSTANDING JOB MARC!!! I cant believe the pictures. Absolutely amazing!!! I am in awe...Congrats! Sorry I thought I sent you my weigh in for last week. I lost 1.5lbs which is better than a gain, giving me a total weight loss of 26.5lbs thus far. My ending weight for the competition was 210lbs. I too am going to keep it up. I really want to get under 200lbs before summer really starts, and if I try really hard maybe before I get to Tx. ( Big hopes there but ) Scott, I hope you too start again and go join WW. I know you can do it too. Again Marc, you look fabulous, keep up the good work. Love MRL

Anonymous said...

I also want everyone to know that my wife supported me through this whole thing, and she lost 18.4 lbs. in the process. So, as a couple, we have lost over 101 lbs.!
Marc (and Gina)

Unknown said...

That's awesome for both of you, great job! Angie gained a couple with me, so I thank her for her support too! :)