Monday, October 01, 2007

Bad News Travels Fast

From This: To This:
I've been on suicide watch since yesterday. Angie has taken away my shoelaces, belt and anything else that I might try to hurt myself with...

You see, the Mets season as again ended in despair. If you remember last year, I blogged about their lost to the St. Louis Cardinals in the NL Championship Series. This year, it is much more devastating. In fact, the Mets are now the owners of the biggest/fastest collapse in baseball history, and truth be told, the last couple of weeks have been very difficult to watch. The Mets lost 12 of their last 17 games to give up a 7 game lead to the Phillies. These are the same Phillies who have on their team Jimmy Rollins who predicted in January that the Phillies were the team to beat, not the Mets.

It's interesting to see the national sports coverage of the New York media today. The headlines from the rags in New York (Daily News, Post) are really funny. A friend sent me the picture of a drunken Mr. Met with a tagline that's a play on the Met's motto, "You Gotta Believe".

I am "bereaving", but I am given solace with another popular Met slogan - "There's always next year!"

SL

1 comment:

ChefMichele said...

Again, as I did last year, I send you my condolences my dear brother. It was a sad weekend here in NY for the Mets and their fans, but you have to admit a Mets fan is a true fan....as we have hope for every new season, we dont give up easily. So better luck next year NY, we will be rootin for ya!!