Thursday, January 03, 2008

Difference A Day (Or Two) Makes

We were finally getting to bed last night. It was about 11:30, and we had a very busy day. It started at 7:00AM, when Angie and I got up to go to the gym. We worked out together to start our day.

It ended at about 11:30 as we completed putting away the groceries after returning home from a late night grocery shopping session at WalMart.

What Angie said to me as we went to bed really hit home. She said, "We had a really good day today. We haven't fought at all and you have been really sweet". She went on to say that she couldn't imagine that one workout had made such a difference, but she thought it had something to do with it.

I told her it might, or more likely, the two days that I've spent in my bible study.

It got me to thinking that perhaps we could all learn a little bit more when we really listen to what is being said. Sure, it's easier when it is something positive, but because I really listened to her comment, and thought about what she was saying, I received some positive feedback about the actions that I'm trying to take in my life.

It's only been a couple of days, but with a reaction like that, it may be easier to stick with it.

SL

No comments: