Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Littlest Lessard - Week 4 Results

I started writing this before I even got everyone's results. Clearly, the difference between living sequestered in a controlled environment like on the "Biggest Loser" and not living sequestered is - LIFE. Real life obviously gets in the way, whether it is stress around work, lack of time, scheduling issues, family pressures or just plain fatigue - things just get in the way.

The GREAT news, and what we should be celebrating, is that all of us are developing great habits. We are all sweating in the gym (I worked out over 17 hours in January), we are all burning calories (Marc burns over 6000 per week) and we are eating better (Michele has eliminated refined sugar completely).

This week, Michele and I have remained unchanged. No loss, no gain. Marc has lost another 7.0 pounds (1.9%) for a total loss of 40.6 lbs (10.1%) - putting him halfway there in four weeks.


So, the problem is, Michele and I aren't dropping any more weight. We are trying to figure out why...we think it is because we are adding muscle and yes, we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. Obviously, Marc is not adding any muscle and is just a lighter version of himself.
If you have any idea what's going on in our bodies, let us know. We are trying to stave off frustration.

SL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that I am just working my fat butt off in the gym, losing more fat than I am gaining muscle? I am averaging 2200 calories a workout in the gym, and 600-800 calories on my off gym days walking/jogging. Don't downplay the work I am doing simply because I am still losing weight. I worked harder trying to reach 6.4 lbs this week to get to 40 than I have worked the other three weeks combined. And it paid off, as I exceeded both numbers. Not to mention I am being extremely strict with the food, making the wisest choices I can possibly make, and leaving points on the table, and the treadmill, and the ellypticle. Try more lean protein, especially before a workout, like egg whites, cottage cheese (fat free) or a really good fish, such as tilapia. I also think my average 12-15 servings of vegetables a day help enormously. I do very light weights maybe 2-3 times a week. You see, I thought this was a race to 20% of our body weight, not a contest to see who could look like a muscle-bound freak the fastest. And don't forget your ice-cold water! Do well for next week, guys. Marc

ChefMichele said...

Well I resent those remarks... cause I know I am working my butt off too. I am making the right choices and staying on my diet, as well as working out harder each week. And I am sure Scott is too!! So there!! LOL too funny guys!!! Well I am proud of ALL OF US! Every trainer and person I have talked to says it will all pay off for me and Scott. Like Scott said " Its all about getting HEALTHY " and thats what WE are all doing!! Keep up the good work! Love ya Bro's

Unknown said...

Could it be that you are one ginormous goober??? That's my guess. You will get your fat @$$ kicked...enjoy your lead lardo.

I'm gonna double digit you for two weeks straight and show you what building muscle does for your metabolism and your body.

2000 calories in the gym - what does that take you, like 4 hours? Who's got that time? Kids forget your name? Get fired from your job? Marriage on the rocks? I have a life - I'll take that with slow loss anyday.

LOL - sibling love - ain't it great.

Keep talking and keep motivating. :)

SL

Anonymous said...

You've been talking about your double digit week while chalking up a 2 and a 0. Talk is cheap, bozo. Maybe you should leave Lucille Roberts where you work out with the girl scouts, and join a real gym where you break a sweat? How about it? You ridiculous redneck. By the time you post double digits, I'll have won. Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Marc

ChefMichele said...

Good thing I dont have to pay for this entertainment. Although it might just be worth it.. Goober? Redneck? You guys are just too much. And yet I still love you both. Keep up the smack talk boys. While you both spend time smackin each other I am goin to work out!!! I may just suprise you all!!

Unknown said...

You are right, talk is cheap. I'd be saying the same thing to you if you weren't dropping weight like it was a bad habit.

That said - you better take me up on my buyout, cause I'm coming. And, don't think we're doing anything country if you win and come down her. It might be too "redneck" for you. Perhaps we'll go to a museum or something else that yer big city fellers like.

Bless your heart!

SL